When Botox came on board, many people were unaware of its myriad possibilities. And till date, many more do not realize that this medical intervention is more than just a magic wand for beauty; it is the key to a lot of medical solutions such as neck and shoulder spasms, uncontrollable blinking, lazy eyes, overactive bladder, and even chronic migraine.
Like any other medical procedure, you must be aware of its implications and the right kind of professionals to access it. However, there is a chunk of information on the Internet and even from quacks that could confuse you about Botox.
In this interview, several skilled doctors and certified Botox expert at the Skin101 Center, share their knowledge on the dos, don’ts and everything else in between, when it comes to Botox.
- How Does Botox Work?
- Botox block signals from the nerves to the muscle. This makes it impossible for the muscles to contract, making the wrinkles soften and relax. They are most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet and frown lines.
- Do they hurt?
- Botox most likely won’t hurt. The needle used in administering this procedure are so small and it makes the process so much easier. Subjecting your skin to an experienced practitioner is key, the more experienced they are the better the procedure as they often know exactly where to inject and the best techniques for administering it.
- What are some misconceptions people have about Botox?
- Contrary to popular beliefs, Botox are not immediate, their effects are gradual and take a period of time to manifest, but they become noticeable after a 3-5-day period, overall, results may take up to 2 weeks to be seen.
- It is also believed that Botox treatments are permanent, this is not true as this treatment only provides temporary results, typically between 3 to 6 months. The length of time for Botox to last largely depends on the patient and the amount of times they have received Botox. After this time movement in your muscles will begin to return, therefore wrinkles and fine lines will begin to gradually reappear.
- Botox do not have any addictive ingredients that can cause any form of addiction, individuals may become too dependent on it as it helps them look good, but this is more intrinsic that it is about the drug.
- The biggest misconception is that Botox can be administered by anyone, and all that is needed is the drug. This is not only false but extremely risky. Any treatment which is not administered by an extremely experienced, qualified and certified practitioner has a high chance of developing side effect which can be detrimental to the overall wellbeing of the patient.
- Can Men Also Take Botox Treatment?
- Botox treatment is not gender-specific, and can be administered to both men and women. It is more common with women because women are more conscious of their looks. But Due to the stronger facial muscles that men have, a higher dosage of Botox is usually required for desired results to be achieved.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Botox
- Just like every surgical procedure, there are certain things patients are advised to refrain from or encouraged to do before, and even after a procedure.
- Do not rub or massage the treated area and avoid make-up if possible.
- Avoid sleeping on your face the first night.
- Do not partake in strenuous activities, 12hrs post procedure.
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol 24hrs after procedure.
- Do not undergo any beauty treatments on your face e.g. facials, facial massage for 2 weeks- this may cause the injected solution to spread to nearby muscles.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, very cold temperatures and saunas for the next 2 weeks
- The Do’s of Botox
- Ensure that you are as open as possible with your doctor, your medical history is important in determining if you are a fit candidate for a Botox injection. They may need to know if you have allergies or medical conditions which may be a threat to the process to ensure they manage patients properly.
- Follow-up is important as the procedure, your doctor can decide whether any additional touch-up injections are needed.
- Follow every instruction given by your doctor to avoid any emergence of side effects.
- Call your doctor at any time you have questions or concerns
- Which procedure works better? Fillers or Botox?
Botox and fillers serve different purposes; one procedure overrides the other. Fillers are injected underneath the skin to make it appear fuller, it can be used to fill smile lines, plump lips, non-surgical nose jobs or even to plump areas of the face that have lost muscle, on the other hand, Botox make the muscles in the skin area tight which makes fine lines less visible. To determine which procedure would best suite you, it is best to come in for a physical consultation with a certified dermatologist at medical facilities such as ours- The Skin101 Center
Is Botox Safe?
Yes, Botox is safe. When carried out by certified medical professionals, you can be rest assured that it won’t bring any harm to you. It is important to be sure that your doctor is medically qualified to perform the procedure, hence you put yourself at risk. Also, you must be patient enough to understand the instructions and follow them to the letter, especially after the surgery.
- So far, how safe is it to get my Botox from Skin101 Center?
It is completely safe to get Botox from the Skin101 Center, as a huge amount of successful procedures have recorded since inception. Skin101 has trained and extremely skilled experts, competent at their job who are experienced enough to administer this procedure. Skin101 is a very safe and trusted place to carry out Botox procedures.
What is Skin101? find out more, https://skin101.ng/Follow us on social media