The Beeta Art Festival, a brain child of the award-winning actress, producer and singer, Bikiya Graham Douglas holds this weekend in the city of Abuja.
This year’s edition of the Art Festival themed Re-Imagine Africa being the first of its kind is gradually making its way to becoming the largest art development event in Africa. The Beeta Art Festival is a unique new pan African convergence of different forms of Arts from Stage Plays to Poetry, Dance, Film Screening, art exhibitions, training, workshops, book readings, conversations and lifestyle event.
We have curated a list of everything you need to know about the festival.
- The Beeta Art Festival is a pan African celebration of all forms of Art organized by the Beeta Art Foundation and produced by Bikiya Graham Douglas.
- The event is scheduled to hold from the 12th to 14th of November at the Art Tech District and Transcorp Hilton Hotels Abuja.
- The festival will feature 6 plays: Cancelled a play by Paul Ugbede, directed by Tony Edet. Tea Party by Minna Davies and directed by Angie Emurwon, Jolly Ride by Olarotimi Fakunle, Beertanglement by Ibukun Fasunhun directed by Williams Obasi, Room 7 by John Ekpeno Ukutas directed by Olarotimi Fakunle, Just Checking by Ronke Gbede directed by Dolapo Bankole. A total of 10 films will be showcased and also one art exhibition.
- There will be a total of 10 films from different African countries showcased at the festival. Rod Zegwi Dan Pikan from Mauritius, Scalp Deep from Uganda, Bride Untangled from Nigeria, Omugwo from Nigeria, Oko K3 Akeuteh from Ghana, Shaka Inkosi YamaKhosi from South Africa, Wakamba Forever form Kenya, Efemena from Nigeria, Adey Abeba from Ethiopia and Shortz from Nigeria.
- Notable personalities in the art and film industry will hold development conversations such as Wealth Creation Post Covid, Investing in Agric business as a stream of income for the artist, Diversifying your skills in the creative sector, Exploring literary adaptation: Film in focus: Swallow, Reimagining Literature, Mainstreaming all voices, Creativity and Spirituality, where does creativity come from? Hosts, and moderators for the conversations includes: Naona Usoroh, Peter Nwagbogu, Lala Akindoju, Kunle Afolayan, Michelle Dede, Oyinye Madu, Israel Ugbede, Dr Rasheedah Liman and many others.
- The Beeta Art Festival is an environment friendly festival. Considering al, that is going on with climate change and the environment, the Beeta Art Festival has partnered with Chanja Datti Logo, a social enterprise that currently collects recyclables. Every waste generated from the festival will be recycled to prevent pollution, save energy, reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills and allow products to be used to their fullest extent.
- Tickets for the festival can be gotten from www.ariiyatickets.com, Art Tech District, Transcorp Hilton Abuja and 6ixx Lounge and Grill Abuja.