It was a black Sunday morning, yesterday, in Lagos, when six worshippers lost their lives after a high tension electric wire suddenly snapped and fell on them during Sunday church service.
While the identity of the victims are still undisclosed, it was gathered that the incident occurred at 07:34 am at El-Adonai Evangelical Ministry, in the Abule Egba axis of the state.
The incident involved a high tension wire connecting the Cherum & Saraphim, C&S, Church’s flag pole leading to the electrical shock of about 6 male adults.
Operatives of the Agege Fire Station of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service were also at the scene to secure lives and properties in the area.
Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Mrs. Adeseye Margaret who confirmed the incident, could however ascertain the number of death, saying some of the victims were unconscious as of press time.
“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youths restiveness and tensed area,” Adeseye stated.Follow us on social media