The Secretary of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, Marcia L. Fudge and eight others will be representing the United States, US President, Joe Biden at the inauguration of President-elect Bola Tinubu next Monday.
The White House stated this on Monday in an official statement titled ‘President Biden Announces Presidential Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria to Attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu’.
“President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu on May 29, 2023, in Abuja, Nigeria,” the White House said.
In the website, whitehouse.gov, the list of the delegation are;
- Mr. David Greene, Chargé d’Affaires, a.i., U.S. Embassy Abuja.
- The Honorable Sydney Kamlager-Dove, United States Representative (D), California.
- The Honorable Marisa Lago, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, U.S. Department of Commerce.
- General Michael E. Langley, Commander of U.S. Africa Command.
- The Honorable Enoh T. Ebong, Director, U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
- The Honorable Mary Catherine Phee, Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of African Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
- The Honorable Judd Devermont, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for African Affairs, National Security Council.
- The Honorable Monde Muyangwa, Assistant Administrator for the Bureau for Africa, U.S. Agency for International Development.